Sunday, January 12, 2014

94. Mom's Birthday Lunch

It was my mom's birthday today and I brought her to The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was a very cozy and relaxing Italian style restaurant. I already knew what to get for the both of us: Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce.


The appetizer came first, which was their signature Minestrone Soup. My mom really liked the soup and later she said that she would have liked to have just this soup for her whole meal - it was that good!


This is the main course. It is "[a] hand-breaded chicken breast, fried to a golden brown, topped with tomato sauce and melted Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses." It was also "[s]erved with spaghetti with tomato sauce". There was also an option for fries but we didn't get that this time because according to Chinese beliefs, noodles should be eaten on someone's birthday as it is a visual representation of longevity (because of the length of the noodles). 

My mom doesn't eat a lot of meat nowadays so she gave half her chicken to me. It's good being young. Although the chicken was a bit salty (which mostly came from the cheese I think), it was still good nevertheless!

But, I remember the last time I came here (about two years ago), I remember the serving size was much bigger. The spaghetti actually covered the chicken as both portions were quite large. I guess times have changed and people/businesses have become cheaper... not to point out any names *cough*McDonald's*cough*.


After that, it was time for dessert, which was ice cream! I was excited to eat the ice cream that I forgot to take a picture before I ate it... hence the melted swirl of a mess this picture is.

Anyways, lunch was great and I hope I'll be able to make my own Chicken Parmigiana sometime soon!