Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Epik High Concert

On Sunday, May 31, 2015, I checked off two things off my bucket list: go to a concert and meet someone famous. At precisely 7:00 PM that night, these two things occurred simultaneously.

This was outside the venue, which was at Vogue Theatre located downtown Vancouver.


This is inside the theatre with the stage set up and lights ready to begin the show.


The trio was very entertaining with those jokes and dancing. Tablo "translated" for the rest of the team members because of their limited English. I can say that he did anything but. The music was amazing, the rap was amazing, and the vibe was amazing.


During the Question Period, Mithra Jin received the question of when he would shave his beard and everyone in the audience laughed with someone suggesting right now! DJ Tukutz was asked who inspires his music, and he replied back by playing Big Bang's Fantastic Baby song. Tablo replied back in disbelief that Big Bang inspired his music and that tonight would officially be Tukutz's last night as a member of Epik High. It was funny watching their banter and especially when Tukutz started dancing to Fantastic Baby! Tablo had the same question as Tukutz and he said Haru, his experiences as a child, and, of course, his fans - us!


However, the most amazing thing that happened that night was when Tablo suggested for DJ Tukutz and Mithra Jin to go up to the second level to take on big selfie, and I happen to guess that they would be leaving the stage from the left side, which was where I happen to be.

I saw the security guards coming down... then DJ Tukutz... then Mithra Jin. And they had their hands out for high fives. And I had my hand out for high fives. And then it happened. I high fived both of them! The more amazing thing was that on the way back down from the upper level, they came back the same way again, and this time I high fived them again with my other hand! It was a pretty unreal experience.

I've always seen them through YouTube and read about them on the Internet, but never would I have ever imagined that I would actually be able to see them live, in the flesh, right in front of my eyes! Things like this just does not happen everyday!


Overall, I had a great time and I guess you could say my high was epik that night!