Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Outing @ UBC and Downtown Vancouver

On Monday, I took some pictures at UBC seeing as how all the roses have finally bloomed at the Rose Garden.



Don't these flowers (?) remind you of the Truffula trees in Dr. Seuss' The Lorax? They look like this:

(Image taken from here)



After a short meeting with a professor, my friend L and I went downtown to pick up the light stick from Epik High concert (they had some issues with customs so weren't able to get it to us on the day of the concert) and do some shopping.

But, first, we had a quick lunch!



Lunch was at a Korean supermarket called H-Mart. I had no idea they had a mini food court right upstairs! I had japchae, which is Korean vermicelli and a bento box. The bento box contained kimbap (Korean sushi), tteokbokki (Korean rice cake), and mandu (Korean dumplings).

After that, we walked off our lunch and I finally bought runners! Now I'm all ready to go for work! They're from Adidas and not only do they look pretty, but are comfy as well! It's been so long since I've wore runners that I've forgotten how comfortable they make your feet feel - totally different from flats. Now I ask myself why haven't I done this earlier? Oh right - because the runners I've come across are either crazy, neon colours or the front looks way too wide (*cough* Nike *cough*).


They're orange (almost like a pastel orange, between coral and orange maybe?) in colour and the stripes are a nice, light grey colour.

And that was my outing to downtown Vancouver, it's been a while.