Monday, June 1, 2015

Review Session | May 2015

Oh my, how time flies. Another month has gone by and hardly any updates. I guess my only excuse is summer school and work happened. I'm not complaining about work - I love work! It's actually what I feel is like a "day off from school" for me. It's a lot of fun working, but the work that's part of school? Not so much fun. And, really, that's what's been keeping me crazy busy this entire month. I'm not going to go into details of the havoc that taking four summer courses is making in my life right now, but just that I hope it will be all worth it in the end (meaning that I will be graduating next year! Fingers crossed!).

Anyway, this month's review!
  1. Don't be like a firecracker. I have to work on this, especially in regards to calming down my impatient level and just... firecracker-ness when I'm concentrating on schoolwork at home and my parents just barge in, cutting my thought process - it gets a bit annoying to say the least.
  2. Be nice. I think I've been nice this month.
  3. Work hard, play harder. Yes. So much yes. Doing my readings and writing reflections and responses on these readings for most of my courses while transiting to and from school. This, my friend, is where all the magic happens - on the morning and afternoon commute.
  4. Exercise and lose some weight. I've started working out again, and by working out, I mean cutting down on junk food and the 7 minute workout. Thanks mom.
  5. Step out of my comfort zone. Definitely with meeting new people and working again with old staff from last year at work, as well as meeting new classmates for all my courses.
  6. Forgive and forget. I'm too busy with school and work to remember petty things now.
  7. Cross something off my bucket list. YES. I went to my very first concert!! More on that later!
  8. Conquer one fear. Speaking up in class. I can speak up in class now!! And I'm talking a lot more too!
  9. Phone is friend, not food. Working my way back to ignoring my phone in class - so far, so good!
  10. Speak quieter and nicer. Probably gotta speak up louder for group presentations, answering questions, and promotion/marketing stuff for work, so not much quieter, but nicer.
  11. Have patience. Working on it... especially when I'm hangry.
  12. Eat Clean. With a few cheats here and there, but overall, yes - again, thanks mom.