Saturday, August 3, 2013

60. Job Wrap Up and Haul

The past three weeks I've been working with students from China and yesterday was the last day. I was given a lot of presents and I feel thankful for each of them. It's the thought that counts. Here are two of the presents I received.

This is from the Western equivalent of a superintendent that came with the Chinese students. It is a Chinese lucky knot that is believe to bring about good health, prosperity, and luck. I will definitely hang this up at my Hermit Hole once the University starts again!


These two fish are made from porcelain, which where the students came from are known for. These two fish are just too adorable not to put up! I will definitely bring this pair to my Hermit Hole as well! The background is actually corn stalks growing right outside my window. I love corn and it brings a smile to my face every morning when I pull the blinds up.


I also did a little shopping today as we took the kids to a shopping mall for some last minute souvenir shopping. I tried returning a pair of sandals I bought online from Aldo because it really hurt when I tried walking in them, but because I had already worn them outside and they were visibly dirty, I couldn't return or exchange them. Oh well, I'll just have to unwillingly break them in wearing socks or something.


I also bought a simple blank tank top to replace one of my old ones that is showing holes. I really like loose tank tops because they can conceal the belly fat (very important!) and you can wear them casually or dress them up with a simple blazer!




I also bought an umbrella from The Bay to resist the Raincouver crazy weather that's going to be coming back soon. It's a gorgeous red colour because I'm more of a pedestrian than a passenger or driver.