Tuesday, July 16, 2013

51. Burnaby Park and Rocky Point Outing

Day 1 of Week 1 and we headed off to Burnaby Park and Rocky Point. It was blazing hot and I know I got tanner after today's outing. Good thing I wore shorts and a t-shirt! I forgot to bring a hat, but luckily I slapped on lots of sunscreen before heading out! Here are some pictures from the two locations!

These pictures are from Burnaby Park where there were a lot of poles like these. They were magnificently tall and of all different designs.



This tells people what the poles represent.



 Taken at the bottom of the hill. It was a long way to climb back up. I wouldn't complain so much if I wasn't wearing flip flops (no support for feet so it hurt a lot) and it was almost 30 degrees Celsius.



 The beautiful view from high up on the mountains.


Bird lovers (I think) cut from grass.


So intimate. Or it looks like one is killing the other... but let's think romantically.


Then we walked a bit further to this mini flower garden! There were so many colours of the same breed of flowers, it was beautiful!





And this beautiful arch! I wanted to take a picture of the whole thing, but some of the kids were underneath taking pictures too. I wanted someone to take a picture of me underneath the arch as well... maybe next time.



 Then after taking a big group photo, we left the park to head towards Rocky Point!



I'm guessing there was a class going on about how to get on and have fun in these small boats.



Then we stopped by an ice cream shop and they had these step-by-step directions on how they make their ice cream in these cute pictures and fonts that I just had to take a picture of! Good inspiration for future art pieces!



Then I had dinner with a friend at my beloved favourite Japanese ramen place!