Monday, July 22, 2013

53. Granville Island Outing



Today, we went to Granville Island. It's been a while since I visited and unbeknownst to me, it was much bigger than I thought I knew! I finally found where Emily Carr University was after discovering it was on Granville Island about three years ago. A bit sad, but at least I finally found it! And I also went to Opus art store to purchase a white gel liner (one that actually works well) and a very fine Micron fineliner at 0.20 mm. The other one I have is 0.25 mm. Anyways, enough about pens, let's talk pictures!

Here are the more scenic pictures. Look at all these boats and yachts! I wish I could ride on one!



The picture above are just normal high rises, but the picture below is on a whole different level. These are houses literally right beside the waters. Instead of cars parked outside, they had boats and yachts just hovering in the waters. Maybe in my next life I'll be able to buy a house on property like this! But then, I won't be able to stand the ocean smell. Nevertheless, still pretty cool, and amazing!


I have no idea what this is, but when I first saw it (and still first think when I see it), it looks like a heavy hot air balloon that instead of filled up with air, it's made of steel or something of the sort.


This is Emily Carr University! The building has very cool architecture!


This was painted on the poles on our way to Emily Carr University. There was another pole that was painted but I didn't manage to snap a picture of it because I was falling behind.


Some pretty cool things I saw as I walked around the island.